Monday, March 30, 2009

I am a little EXCITED!!!


It is done! Mindy's second weight loss challenge is over and done with and I came out a winner again! This time there were 43 of us in the challenge so the pot is much bigger. We will find out how many others were successful tomorrow. I am feeling GREAT! My family was so excited they took me out for some Mexican at Chuy's .

I have learned a lot on this 8 month journey to loose quite a few bags of potatoes in weight. First of all, set reasonable goals. 10% at a time in a 12 week time period was doable. Second, have family not sabotaging you. ha ha Third, have some great friends to compete with and enjoy a little smack talk. I have found that money and beating others is really good motivation for me.

What does that say to me about myself? I guess while I am putting on my single digit sized pants with a smile, I will admit that Todd has always been right on one thing...I am REALLY competitive!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh, FINALLY the truth comes out... the MOST competitive person I've ever know... seriously... but how proud could I be of this little girl of mine!!!!!!!!!!! You did it Shel and you did it the right way!!! Congrats!!

Jesse & Karen Nevin said...

Congrats Shelley! Have you reached your final target weight now? I thought that you were done the last time that you did the challenge. I guess I should follow your example. Did you increase your exercise as well or was it all with the diet?

Shelley said...

I have lost all and a little more than I planned on loosing. I didn't increase exercise this last 10% because I wouldn't have reached my goal weight. Now I get to start back with Yoga again. I am really excited about that!

Unknown said...

Yea Shelley! I need to come and celebrate with you! Congrats! You did it! Go buy thoses awesome jeans now!

Robyn said...

Congrats!! Competition is a great motivating factor :).

Randi said...

Congratulations Shelley! You do look great!!! I am very impressed with you!

What kind of Yoga do you do! I do Kundalini Yoga, with the Breath of Fire! There are moments when I want to physically assault the lady on the dvd. I know irrational, but frankly so are some of those poses! (HEHEHE!)

Shelley said...

Randi,
I don't know what I do...that Exhale guy on the Oxygen channel that has funky music and makes me keep my head upside down FOREVER! :) I love Angela's yoga but can't go during the day.
Strike a Warrior Pose!

What is Ku.....Yoga? Hmmmmm...I can only imagine. I will have to come check it out. hahaha