Saturday, June 26, 2010

Good Bye to Friends


Shelley and Diana



Maddy and Mairzey



Lauren and Sadey


We moved here at the same time 4 years ago. Our girls matched up and became the best of friends. It was comforting to have friends who were also new and being initiated to the "Texas" way of things at the same time. New schools are hard enough but 5th grade is a tricky one. Here you are the oldest at the school. It really helped Sadey to have Lauren.
Our friends are now gone, on to new and exciting adventures. We wish them the very best and can't wait to send our girls to visit, wherever they land.
We went out to breakfast the very last morning they were here...had to drag out the week long goodbye process. Tears still came and we miss our friends a lot.
Good luck all of you!

2 comments:

Kaylynn said...

When I read this post, I was thinking about how Harrison and I took you to the airport. I still miss you even though we have both moved from New York! I would love to work in the fall, but Illinois is having a huge budget crisis. They have laid off a huge number of teachers. I keep hoping! It would be hard to sub because my youngest has half day preschool two days a week (mornings) and my middle 1/2 day kindergarten 5 days a week in the afternoon.(as of now hopefully we can get that changed and have him switched to morning) My youngest has speech delay, so she is in a public preschool program that only is held in the mornings. (Another of the budget cuts, they used to have a preschool program 5 days a week) I just keep praying that no matter what happens--job no job--I will be a peace and find joy in the journey!

Jen West said...

that is so hard when friends leave! i am so glad you have good ones while you are far from family :)