Monday, July 5, 2010

Attempt at being a Chef



I think TV makes you think you can do anything. And sometimes you really do make something or do something you couldn't do before. Well...this was NOT tv. I got a recipe, 5 star by over 50 people even, that involved salmon (yum!), honey (another plus), and some cedar planks (completely new to me). I wasn't patient enough to wait for Todd to get home so we could use the grill outside...which I HIGHLY recommend. :)

The picture above resembles what came out of my oven each time I opened it. I had my front and back doors opened, fans going full blast as well as the vent. This was all in addition to my arm flailing in a circle with a dishtowel in hand to steer the smoke away from the smoke detector. Are you picturing it? I did recruit Mairzey for the arm flailing for a little while.

In the end...my attempt at making Rosa's salmon tacos almost hit the mark. Next time, I will make the salmon on the grill, not cook it quite as long, and make my fresh mango salsa instead of buying it. But close made for a yummy meal!

Anyone have tips for using cedar planks with a broiler? Or an exact recipe for Tia Rosa's Salmon Tacos?

1 comment:

Jen West said...

hahahaha! sounds good, i have a grilling story just as bad. if you find the recipe, let me know!